|Elementary Botany (For students of Math stream in 10+2) (Code-17010106)|
Morphological features (Root, Stem, Leaf, Flower, Fruit and Seed) of Angiosperms (Flowering Plants); Elementary Knowledge of Simple & Special types of inflorescence, Pollination–
Types and agents, Fertilization, Embryo formation Seed and Fruit development, Polynomial and Binomial nomenclature, Plant water relation (water potential, osmosis, plasmolysis, imbibition)
Absorption and transportation of water in plants (Root pressure & transpiration pull), Transpiration, Basic concept of plant growth & development
Basic concept of respiration (Glycolysis, Fermentation, Aerobic Respiration, TCA cycle, Electron transport system), Photosynthesis
|Basic concept of classification, systematics and their utility||2||Desirable to Know|
|Anatomy- Types of tissues, their structure and functions; internal structure of stem, root and leaf (Dicot and Monocot)||3||Nice to Know|
To learn: a) use of microscopeMorphological study of plants parts (vegetative & reproductive) and their microscopic examination (pollen grains, ovules, root, stem & leaf slides)
Demonstration of diffusion, imbibition, osmosis, ascent of sap Extraction of plants pigments & their isolation by paper chromatography
|Plant growth measurement||1||Desirable to Know|
|To learn: Principles of fixation & Staining||2||Nice to Know|
1. A.C. Dutta: Text Book of Botany (Latest Ed.). Oxford University Press- India, 2000.
2. Vidyarthi: Text Book of Botany Part – I. S. Chand and Company, New Delhi, 2002.
3. Widge and Bhatia: Introduction of Botany. Truman Publishers, Jalandhar, 2010.
4. Bhojwani, S.S. and Bhatnagar, S.P., 1992, The Embryology of Angiosperms, Vikas Publishing House, New Delhi.
Elementary Botany (For students of Math stream in 10+2) (Code-17010106)
- Elementary Botany (For students of Math stream in 10+2) (Code-17010106)