|Fundamentals of Rural Sociology and Educational Psychology (Code- 17010108)|
|Sociology and rural sociology: meaning , definition scope and importance of rural sociology, Role of rural sociology in agriculture extension; differences and relationship between rural and urban communities ; key concepts : dominant caste ,factions, sanskritisation and village unity.
Social Stratification: Meaning, definition, forms, characteristics. Differences between class and caste system; social institutions in rural society; Family, Kinship, Marriage and religion, meaning ,definition, functions and their role in agriculture extension; social control: meaning , definition ,need and means; social change: meaning ,definition ,nature, factors of social change.
Peasantry; definition and types of peasantry , land tenure system and land reform, agrarian unrest and its causes. Leadership: meaning, definition, classification and role of a leader in agricultural extension,
Rural development; History, government policies and programmes of rural development and their impact
|Village co –operatives and their role in agricultural `extension.
|2||Desirable to Know|
|; Panchayati Raj institutions and their role in rural development. Changing rural society, factors of change
|5||Nice to Know|
1. Desai A. R,(2003)Rural Sociology in India. Popular Parkasan, Bombay.
2. Samanta. R. K. and Arora, S. K.(eds.) (1997).An Introduction to Sociology. Kitab Mahal S.D.Pvt. Ltd., Allahabad.
3. Doshi, S. L.and P. C. Jain eds.( 2016) Rural Sociology.Rawat Publications, Jaipur.
4. Mondal , S. AndRay G. L. (2007) A Text Book of Rural Development. Kalyami Publishers, Chennai .
Fundamentals of Rural Sociology and Educational Psychology (Code- 17010108)
- Fundamentals of Rural Sociology and Educational Psychology (Code- 17010108)