|Introduction to Statistical Methods (Paper Code: 17010111)|
|Definition, uses and limitations of Statistics, concept of population and sample, concept of data types- nominal, ordinal, discrete and continuous data. Graphical presentation of data.
Frequency distribution, frequency curve, frequency polygon and ogives. Measures of central tendency (Arithmetic Mean, Median and Mode), Measures of dispersion (Range, Mean deviation, Standard deviation and Coefficient of variation). Measures of skewness and kurtosis.
Concept of bivariate data, scatter diagram. Simple, Partial and multiple correlations, spearman rank correlation. Simple linear regression analysis.
Basic concept of probability. Normal distribution and its properties. Concept of parameter, statistics and statistical hypothesis, null and alternative hypothesis, level of significance, type-I and type-II errors, degrees of freedom. Tests for single mean and comparison of two means. F-test and applications, Chi-square test in 2X2 contingency table, Yates correction for continuity.
Principle of experimental design, layout, model and analysis of completely randomized design (CRD), randomized block design (RBD) and Latin square design (LSD).
|–||Desirable to Know|
|–||Nice to Know|
1. Rangaswamy, R. (2002): A text book of Agricultural Statistics. John Wiley and Sons.
2. Chakravorthi, S.R. and Giri, N. (2002): Basic Statistics. South Asian Publishers, New Delhi-110014.
3. Balakrishnan, N. (2002): Statistical Methods and Practice. Prentice Hall of India.
4. Ferrold, H. Zar. (2005): Biostatistical Analysis: Fourth Edition, Pearson Education, India
5. Gupta, S.C. and Kapoor , V.K. (1997): Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics. Sultan Chand and Sons Publisher, New Delhi.
Introduction to Statistical Methods (Paper Code: 17010111)
- Introduction to Statistical Methods (Paper Code: 17010111)