|Introductory Agriculture (Paper Code-17010102)|
|Definition and importance of agriculture, meaning and scope of agriculture, plant growth and development– concept. Factors affecting crop production, Indian agriculture balance sheet, contrasting trends in agriculture growth, aspect of food chain and energy flow,
Soil physiographic and diversity, aquaculture, water resources of Haryana and India. Environment, ecology and ecosystem, economic ecology
Classification of agriculture on the basis of irrigation (Rainfall), cropping and farming system. Art, science and business of crop production
Differences, general growth curves, elements affecting crop production, classification of crops
|Environment, ecology and ecosystem, economic ecology, classification of agriculture on the basis of irrigation (Rainfall), cropping and farming system, need and importance of valve addition in agriculture, requirement of new technology. Women in agriculture, multifaceted roles and tasks, work stress factors, nutritional and rural standards, drudgery reduction for farm women,||2|
|Agricultural heritage, chronological agricultural technology development in India, ancient Indian agriculture in civilization era, conversion of man from food gatherer to food producer, development of agriculture, chronological agricultural development in India. women friendly technology, empowerment of women, role and impact of extension and training of farm women||1|
1. Ahmed, S. 2004. Gender Issues in Agricultural and Rural Livelihoods-Vol. I M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation, Chennai and Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur.
2. Husain, M. 1996. Systematic Agricultural Geography. Rawat Publications, Jaipur
3.Noor Mohammed.1992. Origin, diffusion and development of agriculture. In: Noor Mohammed (ed.), New Dimensions in Agricultural Geography: Vol.1.Historical Dimensions of Agriculture. Concept Publishing Co., New Delhi.
4.FAO [Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations]. 2001.
5. Field Level Handbook, SEAGA Socio–Economic and Gender Analysis Programme. FAO, Rome (Available:http://www.fao.org/sd/seaga/downloads/En/fieldEngland
6.Commonwealth Secretariat.1996. Women and Natural Resource
7. Management: A Manual for the Asian Region. Gender and Youth Affairs Division, London.
Introductory Agriculture (Paper Code-17010102)
- Introductory Agriculture (Paper Code-17010102)