National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX) is a professionally managed on-line multi commodity exchange regulated by the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI). The shareholders of NCDEX comprises of large national level institutions, large public sector banks and companies including the National Stock Exchange (NSE), Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank (PNB), Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Goldman Sachs, Intercontinental Exchange (ICE), Shree Renuka Sugars Limited, Jaypee Capital Services Limited and Build India Capital Advisors LLP, Oman India Joint Investment Fund, IDFC Private Equity Fund etc.
NCDEX is headquartered in Mumbai and facilitates trading in futures contracts in commodities to its members across India. Currently the Exchange facilitates trading in 19 commodity (agricultural) futures contracts.
Every year, our Regulator SEBI mandates Investor Awareness Programmes (IAPs) to be organized and conducted by Stock Exchanges at Universities/colleges/institutes across India. Under a similar mandate issued for the F.Y. 2021-22, NCDEX has identified your colleges (catering to business/administration/finance & agricultural sciences) across India to be part of the awareness initiatives planned by it.
In view above, we propose to conduct an Investor Awareness Program for the students.
The program will be conducted by NCDEX officials and will run for approx. 2 hours. The agenda of the program would be as below:
- Introduction about commodity markets in INDIA
- Difference between commodities and securities
- Functioning of commodity exchanges and its value-chain participants
- Commodity Exchange and its manifold benefits
- Key functions of the Exchange-Price Discovery Mechanism and Price Risk Management (Hedging)
- Benefits of online trading in commodity
- . . . 400;">Presentation on Do’s & Don’ts of trading
- Dabba trading
- Alternate Dispute Redressal Mechanism of NCDEX
This program will provide students an opportunity to learn about the functionality and role of commodity exchanges in India. Primarily to know: –
1) The role of Commodity Exchanges in ensuring economic stability in the country.
2) The importance of an un-politicized, unbiased price discovery mechanism in a country where price volatility hits the sharpest.
3) To know about derivatives and futures contracts.
4) To know about the benefits of Commodity Exchanges.
5) To understand the commodity market and its working mechanism.
In this context, it may be pertinent to mention that these programs are entirely funded by the Investor (client) Protection Fund Trust (IPFT) and participation alone is being solicited.
Although in the past, NCDEX has successfully conducted IAPs Pan-India by physically visiting colleges/institutes/Universities and delivering workshops/lectures, under the current pandemic situation, physical programs have been rendered out of bounds. However, while we are conscious of the safety of all, we are also driven to sensitize young minds about the benefits of Commodity Derivatives Exchanges and thus have adopted the virtual medium to reach out to students and conduct IAPs through WEB based Seminars.
Once we receive confirmation from you (at least 7 days prior to the proposed date of program), a webinar link under a designated banner shall be shared with the institute for circulation among students within the next 3 days.